This article explains how to organize a Zoom meeting from the Zoom Portal.
- Go to the Zoom portal of Leiden University.
- You will be redirected to the login screen of the Univeristy.
- Log in with your UCLN account.
- Click Host to start a meeting directly
- You will see the following screen:
If you have Zoom desktop client installed on your computer, the meeting will start automatically. If not follow these steps:
- Click the Open Zoom Meetings notification in your browser to start the meeting.
- If you don't see a pop-up screen in your browser, click Launch Meeting.
- Once in the meeting, you can invite participants via the Participants button.
If you haven't already installed the Zoom desktop client or are having problems with the Client, there are two options:
- Click Download Now to download Zoom Client.
- Click Join from Your Bowser to join via the browser.
- Click Plan ahead to plan a meeting.
- If you are already logged in, you will be redirected directly to the Schedule a Meeting page. It can also be reached manually via Schedule a Meeting at the top right of or under the Meetings tab on the left side of the page.
On this page you enter the following information about your meeting:
- Topic: Title of your meeting.
- Description: Optional description.
- When: Date and time for the meeting.
- Duration: Set a duration for the meeting, if the meeting is over the chosen duration, the meeting will continue. You will only see a message that the meeting is about to go over the scheduled time.
- Recurring meeting: if you check this option, you can adjust the settings for a recurring meeting.
- Recurrence: Choice of daily/ weekly/ monthly/ no Fixed Time.
- Repeat every: Here you can set the repetition per the above time unit.
- Occurs on: You can tick a specific day.
- End date: Set an end date.
- Select this option if participants need to register, there are 3 options:
- The participants register once and can attend all meetings.
- Participants must register for each meeting to participate.
- Participants register once and can choose one or more meetings to attend.
- An automatically generated password/invitation link will be required to join a meeting.
- Waiting Room: Select this option if you want to manually allow all participants.
- Require authentication to join: Sign in to Zoom.
- Turn the video on or off by default when someone joins.
- Host: Turn this on optionally so that the speakers/hosts start their session with their video-enabled.
- Participant: A locked setting where the participant's video is disabled by default.
- Choose to allow audio from computer and/or phone.
- You can let the participants participate at any time.
- Mute participants upon entry.
- Pre-assign breakout room allows pre-assign invited attendees to Breakout Rooms.
- Record the meeting automatically in the cloud.
- Restrict or block access to users from specific regions/countries.
- Enter all email addresses for the people who will host or speak in your meeting so they have the correct rights when they enter the session.
- If you check this option, you will receive an input field in which you can enter the email address of an interpreter who can write subtitles in a language you set during the session.